Author Cindy Amrhein (her blog: http://historysleuth.blogspot.com/2014/07/meet-my-character-blog-tour.html) invited me to participated in this tour. I am grateful for the opportunity to share in something like this. I am excited about this. I love my characters and these sisters have a very special place in my heart.
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person? Nyema Dawn Norton is a fictional person.
2) When and where is the story set? The time of the story is within the last two years and the setting is a place called Tempa, Florida.
3) What should we know about him/her? Nyema is a Child Psychologist and usually the voice of reason with her sisters. She may come off as overly educated and a bit stiff but she is a big kid at heart once you get to know her.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? Nyema was born a twin. Her twin died after only sixteen years of life. It impacted all of the sisters but it hit her hardest. She is a single mother of one beautiful little girl. The father of her child died before their daughter, Nakia, was born. Nyema knows loss and is very protective of her heart because of it.
5) What is the personal goal of the character? Nyema's personal goal is to just get through life without focusing on the ever present pain that her losses have left her with. The other goal is avoid establishing another relationship. It is not something that she wants or feels necessary in her life.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? Oh that's simple, Nyema (The Norton Sisters, Book 3). If you follow my blog or subscribe to my newsletter then you will be able to read the first chapter or a blurb as they become available.
7) When can we expect the book to be published? September 25th of this year.
Next week's bloggers:
Author Karina Espinosa: www.karinaespinosa.com
Author Sarah Robinson: http://booksbysarah.tumblr.com
Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you enjoyed this glimpse into the world of The Norton Sisters.